MODULE 2 – Learning objectives relating to REVISED OHSMS REQUIREMENTS
This module should be delivered over a minimum of a day, where a day consists of eight hours, including breaks.
- To communicate any changes in OHSMS-specific requirements arising as a result of migrating from OHSAS 18001:2007 to ISO 45001:2018
SKILLS (practised through tasks AND in REAL OR simulated audit situations)
Auditing occupational health and safety management system requirement
- External and internal issues, and the relevant interested parties and their relevant needs and expectations.
- Documented scope of the OHSMS has been determined in consideration of above and the organization’s planned or performed work-related activities.
- Top management has taken overall responsibility and accountability for the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, as well as the provision of safe and healthy workplaces and activities.
- Organisation’s processes for the consultation and participation of managerial and non-managerial workers.
- Organisation has planned its OHSMS after consideration of its context , requirements and scope, and has determined the risks and opportunities that it need to address in order for the OHSMS to achieve its intended outcomes, to prevent or reduce undesired effects, and to realize continual improvement.
- Organisation has established, implemented and is maintaining process(es) for:
– The proactive identification of hazards
– Assessment of OH&S risks and opportunities
– Determination of legal and other requirements
– responding to potential emergency situations and that the organization has planned actions to address these.